Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Double Team

((Authors Note: Am I dead? Can I tell for sure? How does one tell of ones own presence....thoughts are like a puddle in a vast ocean...of the mind. What? Oh never mind. I took creative licence on your character "Rustybillabong73", so if he isn't to your liking just send me a mail telling me how much fail I did to what scale you can invent. I don't know what Billa means, but I damn well know a rusty bong is the last thing we all need. But damn good character either way.))

....................................

My name is Ben. Well Benjamin...but don't nobody call me that. I'm what they call a "drifter" and I do like the lifestyle. It is a life of freedom and fun, that being if in you can stand the heat. I get a lot of work in my line of duty, but none can be called safe. I get what I can and make by damn well.

Recently the term "merc" fits better with what I do. Also been called a bounty hunter, but I hate that name. Merc fits in as I do any odd job that needs ta be done! Haha, I am a regular mr-fix-it for wasteland politics. Sweet, sweet wasteland politics. Authority never did go well with me...


Heheh, this is my favorite fucking picture. I snagged that guitar off of some poor sap who happened to stumble into the wrong raider ambush I later cleaned up. Simple job with the money being on the same level of....simple....but the guitar made up for it.

I like it to be far away you see, a quick snipe and any poor fool that gets in the way of my scope will be nothin but dog chow. I pity them. why I became a merc in the first place. I love shootin people, why not get paid ta do it! I am smarter then most in that I take my time and sweet patience to aim a shot before all hell breaks loose. No point in rushing in head first, leave that to the rooks.


Life can be rough, I tell you what. I just got to a town called Megaton and already have the local police on my ass. Some calamity james marching around like hes the mayor or some shit. Even worse, the slavers I was sent to deal with are all dead. My contractor said "I am too slow". Well fuck him, I'll show him.

I need a job and fast, been coped up in the local regular house. Smells bad and the food is just as bad. If I could I would get back to Rivet City where there is always some shit for the local police to have me do. By the books as they say. Shit.


Well I'm tired of recording in this little do-hicky. I find it kinda pointless, but people will need a reference when they tell my story years to come. Well I guess I am signing...this...thing off. This is Ben, fuck yeh!


...................................

Holotape: 19

Time: 20:20

Date: September 7, 2279

..............................................


Well the last few days have been...intresting...to say the least...I guess. Moria has been acting strange lately, as if she is lost in thought constantly. I wonder if that is due to a adverse side-effect from a recent experiment she has conducted. It doesn't help that little wana-be scientist keeps intruding in. Now she has been asking me about my rock-it launcher! Can you believe that?


"Ooooh how does this work? Ooooh how inventive!" she says. Bah! Either she is trying to annoy me or a double agent working for some shadow government trying to steal my secrets from the Enclave. Ok that's far, but what if someone was from a shadow government? those couldn't possibly be around....could they? I guess....theoretically....


Anyway, so work is normal in a way. Been going on rather frequent trips to the wasteland to make sure I don't get rusty in combat and to find more scrap metal to keep Megaton from crumbling under the plane it was built with.


Who builds a town from a plane around a bomb anyway? Good idea from the beginning....


This mercenary came into town the other day and just caused trouble. Got into an argument with the sheriff, then went to Moriarty's....only to march out and yell at me for killing the slavers. I had half a mind to blow his head off, but then I thought against it and spent the rest of the day with Jenny. She makes the best noodles.


Either way, life has balanced out, but I still have to steal Jericho's hat and I still need to get to Rivet City. I wonder if another trade caravan could take me.....


But then again look how the last trip turned out...


I need to watch my addiction levels. The other night is a blur started by too many at Moriarty's. He is a bastard, but Gob is cool with me...for a ghoul. Impurities...I wounder if our cure will ever get created without me? I bet that asshole Alex has already taken hold of the project and forgotten my contributions....


I hope I didn't do anything I will regret, but I guess I would have already found out by now if I did?


Either way, I am tired and this headache isn't helping. Guess this is still Devs, signing off for now. The most...hmm....why do I keep saying things like this? Life is too busy right now for a specific feeling. Anyway, signing off....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice and I like my character

Post a Comment