Saturday, August 15, 2009

...and into the fire

Error Code: 1337
.................
Reboot in progress.......

....................

Initial playback broken.......

Restoring.................

........................

Holotape: X

Date: X XX, XXXX

Time: XX:XX
Processing...........
...............

To be honest, going around the wasteland alone is quiet and boring. Waking up in the ditch I passed out in and gathering my gear....I relized how lucky I was. Speaking on that subject, I'm sitll pondering what exactly happened and what Lucky and Lucy got into. For now though, my imidiate survival is the forefront of my undertaking.

I slowly crept out of the ditch to make sure any slavers weren't walking by. It was still dark and that gave me a huge boost to my ability to sneak. I was able to creep out of the ditch and away without attracting attention. The air was warm with a gentle breeze about that blew dust and radiation into the air. It was almost calming....a great releif from the day before.

I wandered in the direction of a giant rail-system that at one point must have transported hudnreds around the capitol. A glorious technilogical marval of the time reduced to rubble and rebar. I figured it would make a great vantage point for me to climb ontop of and get a view of my surroundings. I'll admit right now...I have no clue where anything is or even the direction im in.


My efforts to climb to the top were....futile at best. At first it seemed simple, I climbed on top of a some rubble and was going to use broken peices of rebar as handles to life myself up. At first everything was going fine, stepped up on the rubble and grabbed hold of the closest rebar, but then the sudden relization of my own limitations stopped me. I hate to admit it but....I'm just not that strong. Damn those nights I decided not to go to the training facilities and continue my projects. Trained to always be prepared and now look where I am....

I sat there for a while and tried to figure out a positive solution to my problem, weighing the possible outcomes and the tools around me, but just as I was building a ladder out of old peices of building material...I looked over to my left. I guess it wasn't my proudest moment.


The closest place, also my current abode, is called....or WAS called "Cornucopia Groceries". It was a small grocery store in a equally small shopping area. In the middle is a entrence to the subway, but the outside suits me better for navagating rather then some broken tunnels.

I slowly walked over to the area, but to my surprise noone was around. It was a ghost town filled with nothing but empty memories. That is ok for me and I have made the best of my current blessing. I decided the grocery store would be best location for resupply and to try and come up with a "game plan".

The area around me was clean in comparisson of other areas in the wasteland. I still am pondering why nobody would come to claim this secluded oasis. Excpecting to run into a trap, slowly my feet led me into the store. As my eyes adjusted to the poor lighting....thats when I spotted a couple of mutated roaches.



A quick shot to the thorax on both of them and bits of roach covered the surrounding clutter. They both dropped without much effort, but I'm affraid the gunfire might draw unwanted guests. I decided it was best to stay here till morning and gather myself. Quickly, I pushed a old freezer infront of the door to slow any interested parties.



What is so refreshing to hear is the President again. His radio broadcasts I listened to back on base obviously also broadcast out here because an old radio produced his soothing tone. Memories of the base flash through my eyes as old song begin to play.....and I relize what I must do. Raven Rock was my....IS my home and I shall get back no matter what the cost.

For now I have gotten more water, gathered a cartoon of cigareets and beer incase I need to trade, and even found a first-aid case to bandage some cuts. The night is quiet other then the soft hum of a patriotic radio and it almost makes me forget about the previous hours. Oh, President Eden is back on so signing off for now, this is Devs, the most relaxed man in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment