Friday, August 14, 2009

Out of the frying pan...

Enter command: Eject_harddrive "C:"

...................

Processing..............

ERROR: Unable to remove drive C: due to error code 19321

........................

Playback autoenabled:

.........................

Holotape: 8

Time: 5:09

Date: August 24, 2279

Begin playback:

............................

I'm starting to believe there are gods and they are constantly toying with me. Everytime my life seems right....it is quickly ripped into the bowls of eternal suffering. I....I still have no idea what exactly happened....but she saved me......I guess.....I....Lucy......

Let me start from the begining...it might straighten my mind and help me understand the chain of events that led me to sitting in a dirty ditch by myself. Alone again...


I was woken from my sleep by Lucy, who was frantically shaking me, and shoving my gear in my hands. After strapping my belt on, along with me gear, Lucy grabbed me harshly and held me tightly.

"You will listen and follow me, am I understood?" she barked at me, quickly glancing around the room. I just nodded and rubbed my arm after she let go. I may have not been with her long, but I know enough to have been worried. She had never shown her agressive face to me or anyone outside of comabt. I knew at that point....something was wrong...

We hustled downstairs to find it trashed with a few bodies laying around. I relize now that it was Lucy's doing and it startles me that all that noice didn't wake me. Will my demise come from my deep sleep? Either way, we almost made it to the door when a voice came from behind us.

"Oh ho ho! What have we hear? Someone trying to escape from the same fate that Lucky has in store for him? Not in Paradise Falls! Not under my watch!" he cackled a laugh, but was cut short from a bullet to the throut.

As he struggled on the ground, clutching his wound and apperently trying to keep the blood in....I didn't feel anything. Usually I would be apuald by such a sight....but at that time it almost made me laugh...his cocky attitude got him nothing. The wasteland.....changes us...makes us its slaves to violence....



Anyway, after that we headed outside to see the entire town cheering as Eulogy gave another speach on his balcony. A bunch of mindless slaves, which is ironic since their business....well you get it. I didn't have time to listen to Eulogy's speach, but I distinctly heard the words "Lucky" and "punishment." Either way my mind was focussed on getting out and Lucy led me near the slave cages. Just as I had the thought of "this is to easy", Eulogy yelled something and they started to chase us. They had a lot of guns, but luckily they were all bad shots and the built-up wall surrounding the slave pens made it almost impossible to hit me. Any sooner though....I don't want to think about that....



As I turned around...my camera took this photo as I accidently bumpped the button. As I look at it...I feel quite insulted. Yes they are using guns and that bullet almost hit me.....but that man....that man is using a pool-stick to try and kill me! From what I can remember back at base, those things break easily due to their composition of cheap wood. Of course it didn't help those using them were pumped-up solider in power armor, but I digress.

I finnaly got a good look at the slave pens and to my horror they had children in there! What monster would keep children as slaves? No not even monsters....slavers are some other and much deep form of evil. If only I had enough time...I could have helpped....I could have done something....



"Come the fuck on!" Lucy screamed at me as I kept up the pase. We ducked behind some rubble and slipped into a nearby building. The room was hot, with green mushrooms iluminating the thrown-about maniquins, and a musty smell came from the back. It was not a place you wanted to be, but this was my salvation. Lucy pulled open a grate on the floor to reviel a passageway.

"How did you know tha...." I was cut off.

"There is no time to explain. You need to get the hell out of here!" she started to push me twords it.

"But what about you?"

"I'll be fine! Don't worry, hun. I need to go back for Lucky. Besides, how could I leave a thing like you in the wastes without guidence? Might as well pull the trigger now. now git!" she finished he statment with a wink and ran out.

And then she left....

With that vote of confidence, I climbed down into the passageway. It was a dark and moist sewage drain that I would rather not imagine if it was still in use or not. Either way it was horrible small, but thankfully after living in tight corridors and labs all my life it didn't bother me. Partway through I heard gunshots and what sounded like Lucy in an argument. I stopped and tried to listen, but the concrete separation muffled most the noises. After a minute I heard cheering and what sounded to be, "you are ours now!" Like i said the sound was muffled so I didn't understand what most was, but I still hated every word......

The exit was just outside the main gate....but enough time for me to stop Dioje's head on a pike. A closer look gave me a view of the gate guard eating what I am guessing the remains of my faithful compainion. And for the first time in the wasteland, i threw-up at the sight. These slavers would pay.....

For the time being I am sitting in a ditch, trying to figure out my next course of action. I just need sleep for now to clear my mind......signing off, this is Devs.....fuck it....

0 comments:

Post a Comment