Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Contractor

..........................

Continuing rebuilding process in background...

Re-enabling playback:

..........

Holotape: 16

Time: 20:20

Date: September 2, 2279

...........................................

Today was an extremely interesting day, but that can be said for almost any day in the wastes. A lot happened at once, but I'll try and stick with the most important events today.

The first is quite possibly just a negative effect of the radiation tests Moria had me do the other day. She meant well ... anyway the whole point is that I had a spectacular thing happened, while I was talking to a man named Jericho, that contradicts my whole basis of scientific knowledge.

To put it in "simple terms" ... I saw a ghost. Oh how that sounds so ridiculous when said out loud! I just can't put it any other way. I was having a conversation about wasteland survival with Jericho and out of the corner of my eye I saw him! He appeared to be flesh and blood, but nobody else could see him and his movements were inhuman! A foul smell protruded out of him as he swayed in the crisp air for Eden knows what reason!

All I know is nobody else saw him and now people suspect me for a drug addict. They should be looking at that Stahl boy for that....



Getting away from the supernatural though: Megaton has a new hero. Apparently a man by the named "Jay" ... or something like that ... disarmed the bomb in the center of town and has put us all at ease. Well ... I guess not those atom worshipers ....


Either way, I feel better now knowing we won't blow up at any second. Though I wasn't so worried, I mean I could have done it! Just a few practice explosives and some ingenuity! Well ... I was more of a biochemist, but .... anyway ......



What DID piss me off ... excuse my language .... what did make me angry was the "new girl on the block"! She thinks she can just walk in and become Moria's favorite little pet! Bah, I worked hard and some gutter scientist thinks she can come up and steal my grant money ... or ... whatever Moria gives us as rewards. Either way, I won't have my position compromised by this girl .... I think her name was "Courtney" or something .... It doesn't matter!


Moria and me used to be great partners! We would spend long nights together having the time of our lives trying to reproduce lab results! I would go off and do her dirty work just to come back to her giggling and appreciation. Now some tramp wants to come in and kick me out! I am not going back to work for that old kook and his water-pipes!



Ugh, and that is why I am where I am now. I needed a drink after today and Gob is always there to supply my need for a sufficient relaxant. But ....



This time was different. This time a man sat there and had a word with me. He gave no name or identification, but what he did give was an opportunity. He said he would pay me handsomely to remove the slaver presence in Megaton. I don't know if it was the rage or booze, but I accepted his offer.



I need to think of a plan, but right now it's good to know I will get the pleasure of tearing those slaver's lives asunder. I will never forget what happened at Paradise Falls and this is just the beginning ....



I need to sleep and plan .... but tomorrow will be a turning point in my life ... I promise that ....



First those slavers will be ended by my hand .... and then ... I will fix that girl. Screw science, the wasteland demands action!

0 comments:

Post a Comment